Hey guys! Today I am going to discuss some of my favorite concealers (with some of their drugstore 'dupes'). If you are interested, please keep on reading.
I have broken it down into concealer categories, based on application style, and chosen my favorites of the bunch.
1. The pump concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer ($19) & L'Oreal Visible Blur Concealer (dupe, ~$13): These are both very heavy duty concealers, but neither is cakey. I like them for under the eyes because neither of them creases and they last all day. Even though it seems like the prices are not that different, you get double the amount of product with the L'Oreal concealer, so if you can find your perfect/near perfect shade (they only have 3 shades), I would go with the L'Oreal.
2. The cream concealer: Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer ($48): While you may first gasp at the price, there are a lot of benefits to this concealer. This concealer is heavy duty. A little goes an incredibly long way. A raindrop sized amount will enough to concealer one undereye - I highly recommend using your fingers with this concealer. You also get 0.63 oz (that is even more than that L'Oreal concealer). It can be cakey, so be sure to apply a very thin layer.
3. The 'doe-foot' applicator concealer: Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer ($29) & NYX HD Photo Ready Concealer (dupe, $5): These two are both medium, buildable creamy concealers dispensed by the 'doe-foot' wand; both are good for the under eyes and spot correcting. As much as I love the Nars, the NYX is just as good. The shade range in both are comparable so if you can find your perfect shade in the NYX, there is no need to splurge. Best applied with a synthetic brush or fingers.
4. The sponge tip applicator: The Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser ($9): This is an amazing dark circle concealer. This covers well and is not cakey at all. It is probably a medium coverage but it does wonders. I have horrible dark circles and a thin layer of this completely conceals it. The shade range is not great though, but if you are looking for a brightening under eye concealer, the lack of shades does not really matter because a lot of skin tones can use one shade.
5. The Highlighter Pen: MAC Prep+Prime ($26) and L'Oreal Magic Lumi Concealer ($13 , alternative): Now there is a reason why I say alternative and not dupe. That is because the Magic Lumi acts as a highlighting concealer. In other words, it is a brightening flesh tone shades. On the other hand, the MAC Prep+Prime is a brightening corrector. That means it comes in color correcting shades. That being said, both are good for brightening the face without giving much coverage. If you are looking for coverage, neither of these will do much unless you have very little to cover (perhaps if you are very young). While I like the L'Oreal highlighter (it is a repurchase), I would recommend the MAC one because it just gives a better glow.
I hope that helps anyone still new to concealer! Let me know what you guys think; if you guys liked this post, please comment below! I would really appreciate it!