New Benefit Roller Lash Mascara | Review






Hey guys, today I am going to do a review on the new Benefit Roller Lash Mascara, which comes out on February 27th. I got it as a sample from Ulta, so I was not sent it by the company (that's why the pictures are all of the sample size). If you guys want to hear what I honestly think, then please keep on reading.

First, I'll start with what Benefit claims this mascara does:
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara lets you create ultra-long, full lashes to achieve your best wide-eyed and gorgeous lash look. With a brush that’s designed to grab and lift lashes for a super-curling effect, it’s perfect for all types—including short and straight lashes.
One of the selling points of this mascara is the 'patent-pending brush'. What makes it different than every other curved, synthetic brush (from what I can tell) is that the inner part of the curve as very tiny bristles, but they get longer as you go around the brush (see up close photo from above).

As someone with stick straight lashes, who needs to use a layer of waterproof mascara to hold her curl, I was so pumped to try this out. Honestly, if I didn't get the chance to get a free sample, I would have blindly bought the mascara - and would have completely regretted it, and here is why.

Bare Lashes Mascara

Lashes After Curling (No Mascara)

After using 1 coat of the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

As you can see from the before and after pics, this mascara does not live to its claims at all. Prior to these pics, I had tried the mascara twice before and had the same results. I tried using it to add a curl to my lashes -- didn't work and I tried using it after curling my lashes -- also didn't work. It is a very black mascara and does add very nice length, with a little bit of volume. 

If you have easy to curl lashes, then this mascara will probably live up to all of its claims. However, at $24, it is the most expensive Benefit mascara, and I'd recommend passing on it. I have found several drugstore dupes, which I will share in a future post. If you guys have tried it, let me know what you think! If you want a deluxe free sample, right now, you can use the code "Roller Lash" at Sephora on your online order.


Comments

Popular Posts