The Dry Shampoo Edition







Hey guys. Since I have oily hair, I have gone through a lot of dry shampoos.  Today I am going to talk about different dry shampoos in order to give you guys an idea about the best ones out there! If you are interested, keep reading!


Okay so I think I will just go through each product and give my opinion.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Dark & Deep Brown ($8.99): This is a cult favorite and I can definitely see why. I stock up on this because it is always sold out. I got mine at Marshall's for $2 off, but Ulta also does buy one get one 50% off or BOGO so I would keep a lookout. Overall, I would rate it 5/5!

Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo ($13.95): This is the equivalent of baby powder but with a little bit more. The main oil absorbing ingredient is 'talc' which some people are allergic to, so be wary if that is you. Otherwise, this is amazing and adding volume and absorbing oil. I recommend putting it in at night because it can cause a white cast in the hair, dark hair especially.  Overall, 5/5!

Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo ($4.99): This is an amazing dry shampoo and very affordable.  It gives some body, but does a good job absorbing oil. It also contains no parabens and colorants. Only thing is that it does not last in the hair all day and some oil starts to resurface at the end of the day. Warning, this is the only good one in the line. The other colored bottles have nice scents but do not work well as dry shampoos! Overall, 4/5.

Sebastian Dry Clean Only ($19.95): This is a heavy duty dry shampoo; it is actually a bit too heavy duty in my opinion. This will not only absorb oil in your scalp, it'll strip the moisture from your hair. Whenever I use this, my strands get dry, frizzy and tangled. I imagine there is some way to use this effectively, but I have not figured it out yet. Even if you get this on your hand, your feel the drying effect. If you are interested, it does go on sale often at ulta for either $10 or 3 for 2, etc. Overall 3.5/5.

Psssssst Dry Shampoo ($5.99) : This has a nice scent and works okay at absorbing oil, but gives no body and oil resurfaces by the end of the night. I would not recommend this if you have very oily hair, but if it is only slightly oil, then this is a nice, refreshing dry shampoo. Overall, 3/5.

Garnier Volume Extend Dry Shampoo ($4.99): I got this because eleventhgorgeous could not stop raving about this product, but I completely disagree. On a positive note, this product smells wonderful. Best smelling dry shampoo I have ever used. However, this product does nothing. It does not give volume or absorb oil.  If anything, it just adds buildup to the hair. Overall, 1/5.

Comments

Popular Posts